REGINA S. MOLDEN
Regina Molden is a trial lawyer and Managing Partner of Molden & Associates. She focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, and employment matters, including wrongful termination, employment discrimination, wage/hour and overtime law, disability and medical leave, sexual harassment, retaliation, and employment and non-compete agreements. With a winning record as a trial lawyer, Regina understands the benefit of settling without litigation, but also knows and is completely undaunted by the prospect of taking a matter all the way to trial if needed. She knows what it takes to win regardless of whether her client is a plaintiff or defendant.
RECENT VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
FOR THE PLAINTIFF:
- 2016 – Jury Trial Verdict in favor of Plaintiff for Race and Age Discrimination—Plaintiff awarded $250,000 plus attorney’s fees. (Northern District of Georgia)
- 2016 – Jury Trial Verdict in favor of Plaintiff for Sexual Harassment against a male employee. Jury awarded $182,000 to Plaintiff plus attorneys’ fees. (Northern District of Georgia)
- 2016 – Recovered $3 Million dollars for wrongfully terminated employees.
- 2015–Reached favorable settlements in excess of $500k on behalf of wrongfully terminated Plaintiffs.
- 2013/2014- Recovered almost $1 Million in damages for employees.
- 2012-Successfully argued appeal of $425,000 jury verdict in favor of Plaintiff in sexual harassment case (Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals)
- 2011-$730,289 jury verdict in a contract dispute case. (Fulton County Superior Court)
- 2011-$401,727 jury verdict in a contract dispute case. (Fulton County Superior Court)
- 2011-$425,000 jury verdict (plus attorney’s fees) in employment discrimination case. (Northern District of Georgia)
- 2010-$2,000,000 verdict (bench trial) in a breach of contract/fraud case. (Fulton County Superior Court)
FOR THE DEFENDANT:
- June 2015 – Tried a sexual harassment case before a federal court jury in the Northern District of Georgia, and obtained a defense verdict. Although the trial lasted 3 days, the jury took less than 40 minutes to render its verdict in favor of our client.
- Represented a doctor’s office/defendant accused of violating wage and hour laws, and obtained summary judgment on behalf of our client.
- The court held that the plaintiff/employees were “administrative employees” and not entitled to overtime pay.
- Prevailed at trial against the EEOC on behalf of small doctor’s office, defeating claims of religious discrimination. (Northern District of Georgia)
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of Fortune 500 Company, defeating claims of race and pay discrimination. (Northern District of Alabama)
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of commercial cleaning company, defeating claims of sexual harassment. (Northern District of Georgia)
- Settled case on behalf of Athletic Institution for less than 1% of the amount sought by the plaintiff, defeating claims of breach of contract and fraud. (Dekalb County Superior Court)
BEFORE MOLDEN & ASSOCIATES
Prior to founding The Molden Law Firm, Regina was an associate in the Securities Litigation Group at Alston & Bird, LLP where she successfully defended a number of directors and officers against business related claims, including fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, corporate waste and misrepresentation. Prior to practicing law, Regina worked as an advertising account executive. Her experience includes television, radio and newspaper advertising sales.
Regina is continually acknowledged as a leader in the legal field. In 2016, she recognized by the American Institute of Legal Counsel as one of the 10 best Labor and Employment Law Attorneys in Georgia based on client satisfaction. She was recognized by The Daily Report as one of Georgia’s Top 10 lawyers under the age of 40 “predicted to leave their mark on the profession,” and has been profiled by Small Firm Magazine regarding her work as a trial lawyer. Regina was also profiled in Georgia Super Lawyers Magazine and has appeared on the cover of Atlanta Woman Magazine. Year after year, she receives the AVVO award for client satisfaction. Visit www.avvo.com to read Regina’s client review.
Regina earned her J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law, and her undergraduate degree, summa cum laude, from Stillman College, where she was a Presidential Scholar.
Regina is admitted to practice before all courts in the State of Georgia. Her federal employment practice also takes her to a number of States outside of Georgia.